It’s always a special occasion when you cross your first landmark, and it has been an amazing fun ride sharing our tiny efforts towards a healthy living. A little over a month has passed since I made the move from the big apple to this beautiful sunny place with a new job, a new home, a new website and a new life..And all of this feels so worth it, when I’m just steps away from that person who helps create every corner of this place a little closer to home, who is always ready to become my guinea pig and who gives me that confidence to think about yet another new recipe. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate it than twisting one of my favorite recipes with his favorite fruit – mango!! (mine as well!!) Long way to go from here, and all along the way, we would love to just Gobble Gobble with you!!!
2 ripe mangoes (peeled and cut into tiny pieces)
1/3 cup honey
2 1/2 cups oats (ground/ grated)
3/4 cup milk/ almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
few shredded pecans (toasted)
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Toast the oats and pecans using a large skillet until light brown.
- Mash the mangoes until no big lumps remain.
- Mix the oats with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick muffin tin or muffin cups.
- Sprinkle some pecans on top of it.
- Bake for about 20-22minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.