Whenever I think of making fish, my mind always turns to salmon or shrimps now-a-days. However, if I think of my childhood days, fish reminds me of pomfret curry or pomfret fry. Dad would be the one to clean the fish and marinate it, and mom would spice it up, and they made a pretty awesome curry.
Being my first time cooking cod fish, I checked a lot of different recipes to get inspired, but got pulled into making a spiced cod using Indian spices. So this is my rendition of a cod masala with parsley. I would love to know how you made your own version of cod fish, BUT FIRST – GOBBLE GOBBLE!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3)
3-4 pieces of white cod fish
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt – to taste
- Thaw the frozen cod fish in the refrigerator a night before.
- Preheat the microwave at 400F
- Mix all the dry spices, and add them to yogurt, and whisk it.
- Add the minced garlic to it, and mix it well.
- Add some olive oil to the baking dish and brush it evenly
- Coat the fishes with the masala and place them in the baking dish. Make sure the masala is spread across the top and bottom of the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for about 10-12min
- Check the fish flakes and keep baking until they are cooked.
- Serve the fish and top it off with the remaining gravy.
- Garnish it with chopped parsley leaves.
- Enjoy it with a side of brown rice and salad.