Indian food has plethora of vegetarian options and some spice and flavor can do wonders to the taste you get. And to top it off, it can be very healthy. Okra is known to be a fuel for the body, and has so many healthy benefits. It’s not just great for your immune system, it makes your bones stronger and also stabilizes cholesterol levels. And you know what the best thing is – we absolutely looooove okra in our house. It always brings a big smile to my buoy. So, while we enjoy this delicious slimy delight, why don’t you spice up your okra and don’t forget to gobble gobble!!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3)
2 cups vertically slit okra
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp dry mango powder
salt – to taste
- Wash and trim the okra.
- Slice and pat dry them.
- Make vertical slits in the okra. You just need to go a little more than half way through slitting them.
- Mix all the dry spices and stuff the okras through the slits. Make sure to stuff them generously.
- Keep the rest of the dry spice mixture aside.
- Heat the pan with olive oil, and saute the onions for about 2-3min.
- Add the stuffed okras and let them cook for a few minutes on slow flame. This will make it a bit crispy.
- Add the remaining spice mixture and let them cook for a few minutes.
- Enjoy it with Indian bread (Roti)