It’s been a while since I made a home-made soup, so I wanted to make a green and healthy soup tonight. While I was scrolling through Wendy Rowe’s – Eat Beautiful, I came across this amazing recipe for Kale Soup. I had everything at home except leeks, so I just skipped it.
Such a simple and delicious soup, and a bowl of this soup is super filling. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. My husband and I literally gobbled up the whole bowl of soup.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 3-4)
1 chopped fennel bulb head
1 chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
10 kale shards, chopped
few leaves of spinach
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cube of vegetable bouillon
pinch of nutmeg for garnish
1 tsp chilly flakes for garnish (optional)
1 tbsp cream to garnish (optional)
salt – to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- Place the chopped fennel bulb and sprinkle olive oil.
- Bake it for 15-20min and keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a deep saucepan and add the onions and garlic.
- Cover and let them sizzle for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Add 5 cups of water, the cube of vegetable bouillon, half of the kale leaves and bring it to boil
- Add salt and pepper and slow boil it for a few minutes
- Add the remaining kale and spinach leaves and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool the mixture, before adding it to the food processor.
- The magical kale soup is ready to enjoy.
- Sprinkle some nutmeg, red chilly flakes (if you like a but of spice) and a tad bit of cream (optional)
- I’m sure you can’t resist having another bowl of this goodness!