Yet another discovery which is a great breakfast or brunch combination to go with some mimosas! And don’t we like our Sunday brunches, I know I do, when they have avocados and eggs! Here you can be creative with the spices you add. I made variations and experimented with chilly flakes, or paprika or cilantro and they all taste yummy!
Happy Brunching people! Gobble gobble!!
1-2 ripe avocados
2-4 fresh eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chive
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Be careful to keep the yolks intact.
- Place each avocado half in the baking dish. Gently spoon an egg yolk into each half.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until entire egg is cooked, roughly about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each avocado with bacon (optional), parsley and chives.
- Relish with some toast on the side.