This was an adopted recipe, which I loved so much that I decided to try some new spices and play around! Sometimes I add chicken to the below recipe, and sometimes I go slightly heavy with greens. Basically I like to twist the recipes based on what my refrigerator has for me that day. Happy Gobble gobble people!!
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
3-4 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp basil leaves
2 tbsp ground black pepper
salt to taste
Optional – 1 cup chopped spinach/ kale, 2 tbsp grated parmesan
for the side:
10-15 florets of broccoli
6-8 cherry tomatoes
2-3 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper
salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups water in a saucepan, and set it aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add mushrooms, garlic, basil and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Optionally you can add chopped spinach/ kale to it.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the quinoa until well combined.
- Optionally garnish with grated parmesan.
- On the side, preheat the oven at 375°F.
- In a medium baking pan, toss together the broccoli florets, garlic. Season with black pepper and salt. Sprinkle olive oil over them and bake for 15-20min. Add the cherry tomatoes in the last 3-4 min so it is not very soft.
- Serve the baked veggies as a side with the sautéed quinoa mushroom.
Note: Optionally you can also add cooked shredded chicken instead of mushrooms.