Birthdays, Chocolates and Muffins are some of my favorite things in the world, not necessarily in the same order. Although when put together, they definitely can rock anybody’s world!! So, this hump day I decided to spread some love by spinning them all into a delicious breakfast for my partner-in-crime’s birthday.
Come share our love for chocolates and celebrate his birthday with us!! Well, this goes without saying – Gobble Gobble!!
SERVES: Depends on if you can stop at 1-2!! 🙂 Generally 12-14 servings
2 1/2 cups oats (ground/ grated)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup cup milk (almond or low-fat)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/3 cup honey (you could substitute it with maple syrup/ brown sugar)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Note: I used a 24-cup non-stick mini muffin tray, so feel free to scale your ingredients according to the quantity that you desire to make.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Toast the oats using a large skillet until light brown and then grate/ grind them.
- Mix the ground oats, unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately beat the eggs with the milk and honey.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients and add vanilla extract and beat them well in medium speed.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin or muffin cups.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on them.
- Bake for about 20-22minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.