Summer is almost here!! And cucumbers are so perfect for that source of Vitamin C that we keep talking about. Ok.. time to introduce yet another favorite of mine, actually ours – my boyfriend and I love to indulge on yogurt. And we can pretty much have it everyday with anything, and one of us has to literally intervene and close the yogurt tub to stop!
This recipe is mostly about the filling, which can also be used as a dip if you grind all of the ingredients for the filing. Enjoy and gobble gobble people!!
3 long cucumbers
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup feta cheese
3/4 cup grated carrots
3/4 cup grated mint leaves
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp ground black pepper
salt to taste
Optional – chilly powder/ paprika
few leaves of cilantro to garnish
for the side:
1 cup baby spinach
3-4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Peel the cucumbers using a vegetable peeler. Cut the cucumber into 2 inch slices.
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out most of the inside and leave just thick enough walls and bottom to hold the filling.
- Combine the yogurt, feta cheese using a fork until well combined.
- Add the grated carrots, mint leaves and rest of the ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fill each of the cucumber cups with the minty filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with chills powder/ paprika and cilantro.
- On the side, crack an egg in a cup, poke it with fork and microwave it for no more than 30 sec. Place the baby spinach, sliced avocados and place the egg over it. Sprinkle sunflower seeds.