This was another one of the fun discoveries ever for me! I mean no sugar no flour no oil, and yet a muffin – it’s absolutely genius!! I adopted this recipe from Pinterest and the original was a banana oat muffin. I have made so many batches of it with so many different variations that I am obsessed with them. They can be your breakfast muffins or even that afternoon snack that we all crave for! I can’t wait to go back to India to bake a batch with my mom 🙂
Please please please share your versions!! And don’t forget to gobble gobble!!
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup grated blueberries
1/3 cup honey
2 1/2 cups oats (ground/ grated)
3/4 cup milk/ almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
few shreds of almonds
Optional – 1 tsp cinnamon
for the side:
1 cup mixed greens
2 eggs, scrambled with salt and pepper
1/2 red ball pepper, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Toast the oats using a large skillet until light brown.
- Mash the bananas and blueberries until no big lumps remain.
- Mix the oats with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick muffin tin or muffin cups. Garnish with the shredded almonds.
- Bake for about 20-22minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the side, place the baby spinach on the plate. Add the scrambled egg, red ball peppers and avocados and sprinkle some black pepper.
Note: This recipe can be molded into so many different types of muffins, you can use grated carrots/ zucchini, or chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Be as creative as you like and still stay super healthy.